Old December 4th 12, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Are Bio-pace or similat chainrings advantageous for touring?

On Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:23:13 PM UTC-6, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
As an aside to something on another thread I mentioned Bio-Pace

chainrings. Are these or similar shaped chainrings of any advantage to

a casual or touring cyclist on a road bike?

Thanks and cheers

you just have to try one for a few weeks to see if you like it, I have had one for several years and love it and i have transferred it from the diamondback it came on through several bikes i have owned and its now on a giant and has always been on my daily rider. I love it but some people just plain don't like them, its a personal choice. try one if you can find it, you may just never go round again.