Old December 4th 12, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Are Bio-pace or similat chainrings advantageous for touring?

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:26:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, December 3, 2011 2:23:13 PM UTC-6, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

As an aside to something on another thread I mentioned Bio-Pace

chainrings. Are these or similar shaped chainrings of any advantage to

a casual or touring cyclist on a road bike?

Thanks and cheers

you just have to try one for a few weeks to see if you like it, I have had one for several years and love it and i have transferred it from the diamondback it came on through several bikes i have owned and its now on a giant and has always been on my daily rider. I love it but some people just plain don't like them, its a personal choice. try one if you can find it, you may just never go round again.

You're just a tad late with that reply. ONE year and ONE day since I posted to question. ;)

FWIW, we put the Biopace rings on my buddy's bike and he loves them claiming it really saves his knees especially on the longer steeper hills here in town.

Cheers