Old July 20th 04, 11:07 PM
Random Data

Default Hand built wheels

ritcho wrote

You don't need one if you have a rim trainer... Even without a trainer,
put the rear wheel in situ and use the brake blocks as your guide.

* Turn the bike upside down (or put it in a stand. I like upside down)
* Zip tie a clothes peg to each seat stay (or chain stay, whichever is
easier)
* put a pencil or allen key in the peg.

This lets you true laterally and vertically.

For getting the dish right, pull the wheel out and flip it over. It
should have the same spacing as it did before you flipped it.

You may find removing the derailleur makes it easier, and disc
calipers can make it a big tricky to flip the wheel around. I've
replaced a few rims this way (I haven't built a new wheel for ages).

Dave - who should try to salvage some of the various wheel bits I've
got.
--
Dave Hughes |
Flagrant system error! The system is down. I dunno what you did,