Old July 22nd 04, 04:17 AM
flyingdutch

Default Live Tour Coverage - Tonight at 11.25pm

stu Wrote:

As well as a world record for the most people to ever attend a

baseball

match during the 1956 Games, the VFL/AFL Grand Final record attendance
was
an amazing 121,000 people for the 1970 decider between Carlton and
Collingwood.

Its present capacity has been reduced as works take place to demolish

and
completely rebuild the Ponsford, members and northern stands, but once
the
redevelopment is complete it will boast a seating capacity in excess
of
100,000.
but I have seen other figures of 95k or things like "almost 100k", so
who is
up for helping me count them in early 2006???
[/color]

more to the point, how much is 'dinkyDi' gonna cost???

I am a MCC member (got 2 actually :-) but only go there at half
time/lunch to get drinks and food as the queues are non-existant and
prices are lower than amongst the 'unwashed' Bays

--
flyingdutch