Old July 29th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mark Hickey

Default Do they make drop handlebars with a very short drop?

"landotter" wrote:

wrote:

Now obviously one solution would be to go with straight bars. Another
solution would be a totally different bike. But she loves the brake
levers on a road bike (the hand positioning feels more ergonomic), even
if she never gets into the drops. So my question, before we go the
route of trying to find her a new bike or something like that, is if
they make handlebars with a very short drop. Basically enough to grip
and attach a brake lever. I'm envisioning handlebars where the drop
ends shortly after the bottom of the brake/shifter lever.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Preston

Below is a link to a bad photoshop of what I'm envisioning.

http://static.flickr.com/65/20049257...df8204.jpg?v=0

Ritchey Biomax Comps have a drop of about 13cm in the 42cm model which
is pretty shallow. You might also want to get some spacers or a longer
stem (if it's quill) to get the bars up a bit.

There is also the FSA Wing Pro Shallow Drop at 125mm, the Kalloy
HB-300 (traditional bars with no grooves) at 115mm, and the Salsa
Estrada at 121 (with a mere 65mm reach).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame