Old July 29th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default (Wheels and) tires are to bicycles what speakers are to hi-fi

Dan O wrote:

Because these [Vittoria Randonneur Pro 700x32] are spendy tires
and I don't want to wreck them, I stopped pumping at the sidewall
recommended max 75 psi - even though I used to pump my 700x28
Randonneurs *well* past the recommended 80 psi (I think it was),
and kept the 700x37 Contacts 5-10 psi above the recommended
max 85.

I'm sure the Contacts. BTW, are fine tires (costing almost as much as
the Vittorias) - they rode decently enough as big hoses go, never slid
out from under me, didn't flat too terribly much (never flatted the
front), and don't show a lot of wear after at least a few thousand
miles (the front looks practically unused).

You might have found the stock Contis more charismatic if you
underinflated them like you're doing with the Vittorias.

Chalo