Old July 13th 04, 01:11 AM
the black rose

Default Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest?

HardwareLust wrote:
Rick Onanian wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:42:13 GMT, "chris"
wrote:

I tried the polar bottles and others and so far the Isotherm kept
water the coldest. Is there another one that is bettter?

Zefal Magnum 32oz bottle with half of it's contents pre-frozen. You
must freeze the stuff in the bottle, as a solid block, rather than
stuffing ice cubes into it. Wrap in aluminum foil to make last
longer.

Wow, my ideas sound good, I should try them.

Your Isotherm could benefit from having half it's contents
pre-frozen as a single solid bottle-shaped block also.

Yup, this is good advice. I take mine, fill them 1/2 way or so, and then
lean them up against the wall of the freezer like at 45 deg. or so. When
I'm ready to go, I take them out, fill them with pre-chilled water from the
fridge, and they last a good long time. Not as long as my camelbak, but I
don't like wearing one on my road bike.

Zefal Magnum's rock.

Regards,
H.

May I ask -- why so cold? Is this a personal preference, or is this a
body heat issue? Reason I'm de-lurking to ask -- if my water is cold, I
don't drink enough of it. I will actually become nauseated if I do
drink enough of it. So I don't chill my water; ambient temp is fine for me.

--
the black rose
GO LANCE GO!!!