Old July 13th 04, 03:35 AM
HardwareLust

Default Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest?

the black rose wrote:

May I ask -- why so cold? Is this a personal preference, or is this a
body heat issue? Reason I'm de-lurking to ask -- if my water is
cold, I don't drink enough of it. I will actually become nauseated
if I do
drink enough of it. So I don't chill my water; ambient temp is fine
for me.

I suppose it's personal preference. I'll drink a lot more water if it's
cold water, especially in the summer. Of course, riding in the fall/winter,
I won't do all of this, just the prechilled water from the fridge. The ice
is only for use in the Spring/Summer when it gets warm outside. The colder
the water is it is at the start of a ride, the longer it will last. Without
the ice and stuff, a regular bottle will be almost air temp by the time the
first bottle is dry, and today it would be close to 80 degrees. Yuck! I
don't have any scientific proof or anything, but it seems to me that cool or
cold water works better than warm water.

To me, nothing is worse than drinking tepid water on a ride!

IMHO, of course.

Regards,
H.