Old October 2nd 03, 03:01 AM
MTBScottie

Default "Giant" dissapointment

Subject: "Giant" dissapointment
From: Anthony Sloan
Date: 10/1/2003 8:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time

MTBScottie wrote:
Giant finally jumped in line with many of the other manufacturers and has
released it's 2004 lineup. As stated by Nelson, alot of the so called

"spring
collection bikes" have carried over to 2004. The VT does now indeed have a
"3", and the NRS "3" is now gone.

Not sure what there reasons are for some of their lineup moves, but I've

been
left a bit dissapointed.

I don't quite see what there is to be dissapointed about there.

I'll take a look-see at I bike.

Well the dissapointment lies in cutting models like the NRS 3. I also think
either the AC line or the VT line, or both, should offer at least two more
price points. It's to bad, but the AC line did when it first came out,
although I understand the VT's took their place.

My point mostly is that Kona offers a very resonably priced and well spec'd out
bike in the 2004 Dawgmatic, which comes in around $1299. Unfortunatley, Giant
hasn't caught on with websites like Kona and offer both price and weight as
Kona does. All Giant uses are the damn $$$$ symbols.