Old October 4th 03, 10:11 PM
Mike Vandeman

Default Sierra Club gives Mountain biker Environmental Justice Award

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:16:23 GMT, "Paul MacIntyre" wrote:

..Excerpted from the October 2003 Issue of the San Francisco Bay Chapter news
..letter The "Yodeler":
..
.. The Hannah Creighton Environmental Justice Award will be presented to
..Marilyn Price founder and director of Trips for Kids, a national non-profit
..organization that provides bicycle-oriented programs for disadvantaged
..youth.

Just another of the Sierra Club's gaffes. A while back they embarrassed
themselves by unwittingly co-sponsoring some misguided trail work.

Trips for kids enriches the lives of these young people through
..access to the natural world, environmental awareness, and building
..self-esteem. Trips for Kids began in 1988 as a local Marin project partly
..sponsored by the Sierra Club's Inner City Outings, but 1999 it became
..independent of the club. It has served over 14,000 youth.
..
..http://www.webcom.com/tfk/
..
..