Old October 10th 17, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default Finally shifted the seized seat post.

"Doug Landau" wrote in message
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 12:56:21 PM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
had to replace the saddle, so I put a few dabs of flour-emery powder on
the
seat clamp. There was enough grip that I could get hold of the saddle and
twist the post out.

Now re assembled with copper slip anti seize compound.

Nice! But copper?

Copper based anti-seize paste is what they have on the shelves round here. I
have a tub of something based on a silvery colour metal, but I generally buy
more Copperslip when it gets used up.

molybdenum is a "friction modifier" - I had to do the clamp bolt up
seriously tight with just the copper stuff on it.