Old July 12th 05, 12:31 AM
Keith

On 11 Jul 2005 10:38:21 -0700, "
wrote:

From Procycling:

Out of contract with T-Mobile at the end of the season, Vinokourov has
made no secret of the fact that he is being courted by some of the
biggest-name teams in the peloton, including Discovery Channel. On
Saturday, he revealed that, having politely declined to consider offers
from French teams Ag2r and Cofidis, his shortlist is down to two.
"The only team which could make me leave T-Mobile is Discovery
Channel. I'll certainly be making a choice between those two," he
revealed. Vinokourov is of the opinion that "there simply aren't
the prerequisites for hoping to win the Tour [in a French team]."

The same could be said about T-Mobile since 1997 !