Old July 3rd 18, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Fastest bike?

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:41:15 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/canno...ance-2018-6#-3

This has been the talk of the house. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppgthzi9_0Y 100 watt savings descending? Really? I suppose if you have an incredible spin and are drag racing straight descents, although 100 watts still seems like a stretch. 2 kilo weight penalty going up.

My son's peak power output descending on the way to work this morning was 1,100 watts. That was on a 16% descent with no pedaling. Got to love strain gauges. The road is so broken up that when you have the crank arms horizontal and you hit a bump while posting, the power spikes.

-- Jay Beattie.