Old July 21st 19, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]

Default TdF predictions?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 17:10:11 -0500, Alan wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 00:34:07 -0500, Alan wrote:
:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.
I dont think Thomas has the form he had last year, Bernal was looking
good in the TdS, he'll be up there helping Thomas, then go on to lead
Ineos once he shows he is stronger than Thomas now.

This is looking like it wont happen, Thomas was good today.

And was it team tactics today for Stage 15? Let it look like Bernal is
the Leader, then Thomas gets away from Alaphilipe when he thinks Thomas
cannot keep up?
If anything, I think this has made Thomas stronger for the win now,
halfway up the mountain he looked to be shot as Bernal went away, but the
interview after , he said he didnt want to go as it would pull others
with him, and Alaphilipe may have stayed with him. Once it looked like he
was dropped, Alaphilipe maybe eased off a little mentally, and then wasnt
able to respond to Thomas's attack.
Either way, it's the best tour for a few years, with 6 riders still in
with a chance of Overall winner. Lots of mountains this week, Tuesday
will be an easy day, Weds/Thurs/Friday are all hard.

Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

They clearly picked the wrong brother for the Team Leader. Simon Yates is
looking like the favourite for the Vuelta now.
Pinot still has a chance of Overall.

Still a possibility, but unlikely.

Sagan will struggle Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate
the sprints.

Got that one totally wrong. Sagan looks back to his old self, if he only
had a better team around him he'd be winning more.

Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.

I'm not sure that one will come true either. He doesnt look like a
winner, though he still has time to go in the high mountains.

It looks like Quintana has lost his form this year.