Old June 10th 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Chain waxing

Tosspot wrote:
:On 10/06/18 16:35, Joerg wrote:

:snip

: My brakes are simple, they use DOT3 or DOT4 like the ones in our cars
: do. The quantity needs costs pennies.

:My only problem with that is it's quite aggressive on paint, and you
:should bled the whole system every year. Mineral oil has neither of
:these problems, but you don't use it in cars.

Rolls Royce and citreon made cars with mineral oil brake systems. I
belive Rolls continues to do so (though they could have stopped five
years ago.)
I've workd on some, they work fine. crazy complicated, with a
camshaft driven hydraulic pump, but they stop nicely.

--
sig 122