Old June 11th 18, 06:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael[_10_]

Default Chain waxing

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 4:05:28 AM UTC-5, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Hello,

For those interested in this, after my last inquiry about chain lubing,
I decided to wax my chain by immersing it in a hot mixture of solid and
liquid paraffin (with a ratio of 50% of paraffin oil).

After about 600 km, including some significant rain,, must say it works
pretty well. My chain still runs smoothly, and is almost perfectly
clean. When needed, I can simply wipe it with some paper towel. I do not
know yet when I will have to wax it again, but it seems to hold pretty
well.

--
Tanguy

Using chain wax sounds great, but what about the old-fashioned Boeshield T-9? It's supposed to be waterproof.