Old June 11th 18, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Chain waxing

On 2018-06-11 08:05, Duane wrote:

[...]

... You do understand that
there are biodegradable options for chain oil right?

You do understand how long bio-degradation can take and that it can be
very unhealthy for birds and othrs to pick up that stuff a day later,
right?

And your landfill is bird safe? Your logic is hard to follow. Better
to use non bio stuff and dump it in the landfill?

It's supposed to be, a controlled and monitored environment. The
drainage ditch at the end of our driveway is not a controlled and
monitored environment.

[...]

... What do you use for the chain? Motor oil?

White Lightning Epic Ride.

Never used it. Finish Line Dry works for me. I don't tend to get much
"gunk" with regular maintenance.

Depends on where one ride. Segregated bike paths - no gunk, lube lasts
much longer. Lots of road - black gunk. Lots of singletrack - brown gunk.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/