Old July 7th 18, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default Safety inflation

sms wrote:
On 7/6/2018 9:58 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 7:37:04 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
So now, in addition to helmets, high-viz clothing, disc brakes and
blinding daytime running lights, we need...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryol.../#12d4de76bb4a

RADAR!

Anything less is just not safe any more. Danger! Danger!

(Where did those six-feet-tall flippy flags from the 1970s go?)

Radar is just part of it. The article promotes a parade of consumer
items from helmets to disc brakes to DRLs to radar -- and of course, a
Garmin unit to tie it all together. The whole thing smells like an infomercial.

The opening photo is of a bike accident in Toronto, presumably one that
could have been prevented by radar. I searched the picture and got this
stor
: https://www.cp24.com/news/cyclist-st...ital-1.3729720

The rider somehow “'came off' his bike and came into contact with a
truck travelling in the same direction." So, he fell off his bike in
front of a truck? I don't need radar to tell me not to do that. Could
you imagine riding with radar in dense downtown traffic? Ridiculous. I
think not riding with headphones would produce ten-times the safety benefit.

They really need to integrate a GoPro like camera into the tail light as
well.

It's been done, but I can't remember the product name.