Old July 20th 18, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 20/07/18 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

"We" have never been told by anybody that rides a bike that fridge
freezer cover applies to riding a bicycle.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Looks like Posford is getting some free advertising for his business.

The article gets confused between bicycle insurance (which I don't have)
and third party.

When it says "In Germany, it is compulsory for adults to have personal
liability cover”, we have to assume it is "compulsory for adults", as it
says, not something specific to riding bicycles. Hence not relevant. Of
course we could have a similar system to Germany - but that would mean
the non-cyclists here would have to have it for the 10 yards a year that
they walk.