Old May 16th 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default today's ride

On 2018-05-16 12:33, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt
wrote:
Sepp Ruf wrote: avid Scheidt wrote: :
https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

:Contact screwed while cruising!

: At least it was sunny!

:See how you hadn't fared any better with thicker layers of
puncture protection?

If I were Joerg, I'd be after steel belted tires. I'll settle for
a flat once every couple years. (it actaully took half a block to
go flat, I could hear something hitting the chain stay, but
couldn't figure it out. The 'pssst' gave it away a few seconds
later.)

Tank tracks. If the bicycle manufacturers only understood how to
build bikes, they would spec them with tank tracks. This one little
company got it right.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-m1-tank-t...onversion-kit/

Lunacycle has great products. You can build a more bold version though,
see at 2:03min:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p83NxQijqSI

They forget the MP3 player and the cup holders though.

... I've been
doing that on my own for years -- with a solid rubber front tire. If
you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. It's just like
making beer. Did I mention I make beer? Did I mention mountain
lions? Scared cows? God-fearing country-folk? Hors categorie gnar?

Just brewed up another Pliny clone and for the first time a Belgian
Quadrupel. Got to watch that Belgian though, the fermentation is going
almost "nucular". It should clock in above 9% but will need 12 weeks
until done.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/