Old October 6th 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default UPGRADE 1970'S BIKES

On Oct 6, 5:38*am, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, October 5, 2012 7:58:46 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
On Friday, October 5, 2012 7:40:26 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/upgrade.html

I was looking for the replacement pedals.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NOTICE allllllthe way at the end there's a link to rider's with your interests in older bicycles

Interesting article on Sheldon's page.

Indeed, very interesting article! He seems to have disagreed with
many of the modern design trends. I tend to agree with Sheldon.

I'm pretty happy with all of my old Miele steel frame bicycles. I have pedals and toe clips on all but one of them. ...

I can get into my road pedals with toe clips as fast and as easily as I can with my Look type clipless pedals but then need to snug up the straps which means that getting the same security with the toe clip pedals takes longer than it does with the clipless ones.

I usually have my straps set at a sort of compromise length, loose
enough to flip into very quickly, but tight enough to provide just a
bit of security against foot slips. They're tight enough that I can
bunny hop, which is good enough for me.

- Frank Krygowski