Old June 21st 16, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default AG: Today's Ride

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:50:20 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 6/20/2016 2:48 AM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:50:06 -0300, Joy Beeson wrote:

After buying a glue stick, I read my check list!

I make up "shopping lists". I keep a clip board and when I think of
something I write it down. It is surprising, one will think, "Oh I
better buy one of those" and if you don't write it down immediately
then next time you come back from the store you will remember it. Just
as you carry the bags in the front door :-)

I'm a list addict, but these days I tend to put them in an app in my
smartphone. I have lists for shopping, a general "to do" list, a more
specific "to do for the house" list, a list of books to read, another of
movies that have been recommended, etc.

The benefit of the phone app is, I suppose, I can efficiently lose all
of them at once.

I find that the written list seems to work better for me as I keep it
on a clipboard in my workroom and can just grab it and scribble a note
when I think of something.

I even keep it in sections labeled with the place that I will
normally obtain it. So I'll have a list for Home Pro, another list for
Tesco-Lotus (think Walmart), etc. Although that is probably over kill.

I do keep lists on my phone but these are usually just identification
lists like "Batteries" listing every battery that I use.

But regarding biking, one thing I haven't solved is the "fix or improve
this thing on the bike" list. Whether it's a front derailleur
adjustment, a slight rattle in a fender, a crooked bag mount or
whatever, I can resolve to fix it as soon as I'm home. But when I take
the bike into the basement, the memory is immediately gone. Until the
next ride, of course.

If it is an adjustment sort of thing, like the chain ring doesn't seem
to shift right, I try to fix it right after the ride. I do keep a
to-do list for both Bangkok and Phuket though as we spend about half
of our time in Phuket and half in Bangkok and I've got tools and parts
in Phuket that I don't have in Bangkok and vise-versa.

I re-read that and it seems kind of posh, "spend half of our time in
Phuket". We rent a two bedroom house in Phuket for $160 a month :-)
--
cheers,

John B.