Old July 14th 16, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Twenty-first Century Switchel

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:48:46 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:44:38 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

[snip]

. . . Black
Japonica has a hull on it; I suspect that the ice-water suggestion is
for white rice.

Hull on it? I think that it is not polished and has a sort of brownish
or maybe blackish "bran layer and the germ". Ian't that is what may be
called "brown rice" in the U.S., and "red rice" here. It is supposed
to be more healthy than polished rice.

We call polished rice "white rice" in my dialect -- except when we
mean "not fried rice". Properly, "not fried" should be "steamed".

Black Japonica is a brand name for "a field mix" of black rice and
mahogany rice, not polished.

I cook only brown rice -- I can't eat naked carbs at my age, and must
not overdo the whole grains. (I miss the days when I was on a
weight-gain diet.)

(It turned out, by the way, that the chip was a piece of my temporary
bridge, not my tooth. Dr. slapped a patch on it and we hope it will
hold until September. I promised to cut my sandwiches into pieces in
the meantime.)

What happens in September?

The extraction will be healed enough to install a permanent bridge.
The impromptu appointment was actually a good sign: I'm already
healed enough to forget to be careful of the temporary teeth. I have
to poke my lip to notice that the gum isn't healed yet, and it doesn't
hurt, it just feels not normal.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGESEW/