Old April 15th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Marz

Default 3 flat tires in a row??

On Apr 15, 11:21*am, c wrote:
i just bought a new bike - a trek 7200 (hybrid) - and i've been riding
it through NYC

got a flat one day, paid $16 to get it fixed (new tube)

rode around that day, got another flat, paid $16 to get it fixed
(there was a spike sticking out of it ... so ... bad luck?)

that was 1 week ago ... rode around every day since, got another flat
tire

always the back tire

what gives?

coincidence?

bike shop doing a bad job? maybe missing the fact that a spoke is
protruding and stabbing my tube or something?

am i a fat, fat man?

does jumping a curb kill a tube? i never had this happen on my old
7200's (i rode 2 before this one, i love the 7200)

are there more hazards on the roads in april? broken bottles leftover
from st patty's or something?

the bike shop is metro bicycles on 14th st and 1st ave - generally
good guys

if this is just coincidence it's really enough to drive me nuts

You pay someone to fix a flat???? As mentioned, buy some tubes and fix
your own.