Old September 19th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Default improvement of countries

"Andre" wrote in message
This year so far (in my opinion) the countries that have had more
success; or improved the most, in order:

1. Spain...that was easy
2. Belgium...lots of promising stars on the rise, plus many victories
3. France...this is unusual but they have made strides
4. Germany... some good results and some hope
5. Luxembourg...for a small country
6. Australia...they still got Evans; Mcewen is losing a bit but some
young stars rising
7. America...VandeVelde, Levi..and some excellent choices in picking
riders for teams

here it becomes very nebulous

8. Austria...Kohl Kohl Kohl
9. Holland...not much but they do have Gesink
10. Russia...producing talent like crazy
11. Italy...I would have placed them much higher except for the
cheating

correct me if I'm wrong

Andre

No offense intended as this is good cycling subject matter, but somehow this
would seem more appropriate coming from Bob Martin.