Old April 26th 18, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Dry lube?

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 9:50:02 AM UTC+1, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Andre Jute, 2018-04-26 02:53+0200:
You can enhance chain life without any chain cleaning at all. The method is as follows:

1. Fit a hub gearbox like a Shimano Nexus or Alfine.

Thank you, but I am afraid this is not part of my plans. It would be fun
if I had the money and time to invest in this though.

--
Tanguy

To each his own. Brand new Shimano gearboxes installed to good quality rims on industry-standard spokes are cheap on German Ebay from around November through January when the manufacturers clear the shelves of parts bought for unassembled bikes to make space for the new year's parts long since ordered.

Can't help you with a shortage of time.

AJ