Old March 25th 05, 11:29 AM
Donald Gillies

"The Eye" writes:

I want to buy a used or new road bike with the best price/value ratio.

Noway over $1000. Hopefully half that and used would be fine.

Get a TREK 2300 3-tubes carbon bike from ebay. They sell anywhere
between $400 and $800. they were made from 1990-1998 i think. The
bike is 18 lbs and was TREK's flagship model from about 1990 until
OCLV. Trek has been trying for many years to come up with a suitable
replacement for the 3 tubes 2300 carbon bike, but they have failed to
ever improve on the compliance and ride quality of this bicycle.

I owned one of these bikes from 1998-2004.

Don't overtighten the seatpost bolt or sweat on the top tube, though!

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA