Old October 1st 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
bikerfab

Default report about travel in Eastern Europe

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:16:38 GMT, gka wrote:

I like the map of your route and the photos a lot. I've heard that the
car drivers are a little wild and maybe dangerous for a bicycle. Did
you find that true?

thanks, I hope people will like also report and find useful my
information.
About traffic, as written along the text related to individual stages,
I run mostly on countryside roads with very little traffic, but not
only. In Slovenja I noticed that drivers run rather fast, nothing
particular in other places. In general I found riding on the road
quite safe. Though not like in Austria and Germany where cars
literally go on the other side of the road to avoid cyclists, I had
really no problem at all with cars during my journey. In general I
think it is due to a lower population density of the countries I
visited. In Italy things are totally different, where I live (northern
Italy) it's not very safe to ride on normal roads out of weekend. At
least it is very annoying.
--
bikerfab

Viaggi in bicicletta, report foto e informazioni
Travelling by bycicle, report, pics and information
http://bikerfab.altervista.org/