Old October 10th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
oilfreeandhappy

Default report about travel in Eastern Europe

bikerfab wrote:
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:16:38 GMT, gka wrote:
In Italy things are totally different, where I live (northern
Italy) it's not very safe to ride on normal roads out of weekend. At
least it is very annoying.
--
bikerfab

Viaggi in bicicletta, report foto e informazioni
Travelling by bycicle, report, pics and information
http://bikerfab.altervista.org/

Looks like a real nice trip. I visited Italy a few years ago. We took
the trains everywhere, and didn't cycle at all. It did seem that
people drove fast, or maybe the large numbers of loud Vespas and other
Motorcycles just made it seem that way. Is it the city riding that you
find annoying? It seems like the country riding might be nice.

Some friends of mine enjoyed their cycling trip to Italy. They visited
that famous cycling historical museum (the name escapes me).
----
Jim Gagnepain
http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/