Old October 10th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
bikerfab

Default report about travel in Eastern Europe

oilfreeandhappy ha scritto:

Looks like a real nice trip. I visited Italy a few years ago. We took
the trains everywhere, and didn't cycle at all. It did seem that
people drove fast, or maybe the large numbers of loud Vespas and other
Motorcycles just made it seem that way. Is it the city riding that you
find annoying? It seems like the country riding might be nice.

in general city riding is not very comfortable at all, apart some of
them (but riding in Warszawa was not comfortable as well :-)). Anyway I
meant riding on extra-urban roads. If you mean small
countryside/hill/mountain roads it is true, traffic is quite low, but
average-size roads between major/medium cities are rather busy on
working days (especially heavy and dangerous lorries), much more than
what I found in my journey. Weekend is different, and everything may
strongly depend on the place where you are.

--
bikerfab

Viaggi in bicicletta, report foto e informazioni
Travelling by bycicle, report, pics and information
http://bikerfab.altervista.org/