Old January 5th 04, 10:08 PM
Doug Purdy

Default experience with Lake MXZ 300 winter shoe?

Saw the Lake MXZ 300 winter cycling shoe in a LBS. While it's a
bit pricy it does look like a very good winter shoe.

http://www.lakecycling.com/adventure.html

But the toe box didn't look like it would be especially warm and
that is the biggest weakness of the Sidi Storms I'm currently
wearing. The shoe has a thick sole which should insulate from the
pedal but that extra thickness might make it difficult to use
neoprene toe covers/shoe covers/booties which make the Storms
livable. For insurance, I'd rather have the Lakes larger for extra
socks but the biggest size is 48, my summer size.

Anyone have any experience with this shoe?

Doug
For email, a sense of wonder.