Old March 13th 05, 09:26 PM
Ken Marcet

"JoeD" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi,

I live in NYC and am thinking of moving out of this area in the future.
I am starting to look now for any city that would be bicycle friendly. I
am leaning towards the Southwest of the country like NM, with its warmer
climate and cheaper health insurance but I am open to any suggestions.
I use my bike to, commute to work (20m RT), local shopping, long day
trips and just getting around even though I have a car. I average about
5k a year.
Either because I have been careful, plain lucky or a bit of both, I have
never had a serious problem in my 45 years of riding in the streets
competing with the cars, trucks, cabs and the dreaded pedestrians. I am
mentioning this because I am not afraid of city traffic. Highway traffic
is whole nother story since I want to live to ride another 45 years.

Would anyone living in or knowing about bicycle friendly cities, want
another cyclist sharing the roads with them. I would promise to say "Hi"
as I pass you or vice versa.

Interesting, I live in Florida, and was thinking about the southwest also.
Somewhere in the neighborhood of AZ, NM, NV or southern CA.

Ken