Old April 30th 05, 06:14 PM
JeffWills

Fiona Reid wrote:
My brakes are constantly seizing up and I 've narrowed the problem

down
to the mounting point sticking. I'm planning to remove the brake,

apply some
light sandpaper to the mount and then some grease.

Is there a particular type of grease I should use for this? e.g.

lithium,
copper,
regular automotive grease?

As others have said, examine the brakes closely and make sure that the
brake isn't sticking on a bushing.

My Dia-Compe 986 cantilevers are like this. Every year or two, I need
to remove them, press out the bushing (it's a close fit), clean, and
grease them. With this, they work like new despite being 15 years old.
I use white lithium grease.

Jeff