Old July 27th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Contador the lesser of two evils

On Jul 27, 2:57 am, mrsixtypercent wrote:
If Chicken rode for Discovery do you think Bruyneel would have
dismissed him for going walkabout in Italy - no way. Contador a former
protege of Saiz, implicated in Puerto and now riding for the dirtiest
team in cycling. Contador the lesser of two evils or the evil of two
lessers?

If Rasmussen rode for Discovery, he wouldn't have
got caught in a stupid lie. I don't for a second
think Bruyneel is an innocent, and I'm not actually
sure he is the tactical genius of legend. But Johan's
big strength is that he Doesn't Do Stupid ****.
Maybe all that means is that he's good at not getting
caught. From the point of view of sponsors and
even race organizers, that's good. It avoids
embarrassment and bad publicity.