Old August 19th 19, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Offer.... New derailleur, shifters, handlebar grips, cables and chain

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 21:12:56 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Gads, in the era of YouTube, there are no mysteries -- although every time
I try to find the repair video for my particular
two-stroke yard-whacking-thing by brand and model, the only relevant video
is usually shot by some drunk home-mechanic with a smart phone and DTs in
a dark room. Things swish and swoosh by . . . was that the carb? . . .
where does that gasket go?

Of course. Such videos were not designed for you or me. They were
designed to be viewed by drunken home mechanics with DT's. Most
amateur cinematographers do not have the equipment, talent, or time to
create a proper video. The results, as you describe, are predictable.
Looking through the user comments, the typical viewer is not much
better than the drunken amateur cinematographer.

I watch far too many YouTube videos. While the production quality of
the amateur videos are generally awful, the information and content
are often superior to professionally made videos, which tend to
emphasize entertainment value over information and content. If the
video is difficult to see, otto focus, garbled audio, shaky camera,
etc, it is often worth the time and effort to single step through
videos to extract the necessary details. If you use a browser to
watch YouTube, there are fast-forward and rewind extension to make
this easier:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/controls-for-youtube/doocmbmlcnbbdohogchldhlikjpndpng
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nlijacdniggpjn.

YouTube Statistics - 2019
https://biographon.com/youtube-stats/
Got some spare kids? Put them to work:
The youngest YouTube star Ryan ToysReview who is 6 years old
made $11,000,000 in 2017.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D