Old April 5th 07, 01:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Tour de Warrumbungles

Mmmm, hills:
http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling/gallerytour.htm

False flats:
http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling...ize/onroad.jpg

Having attacked the field early:
http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling...20size/Tim.jpg

They had a sneaky handicapping system. The full ride goes from town
up to the top of the observatory, and could theoretically leave the
observatory for the national park about the same time as the ones
doing the shorter ride down the observatory into the NP. But in order
to give the shorter riders an advantage, they tempt us with coffee and
muffins at the top.

Anyway, I was the first down the mountain of the guys I left with,
which is what counts. Ah, local knowledge. I bet they even used
brakes on some of the corners.

--
TimC
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

And space is so that it doesn't all happen to you.
-- Matthew L. Martin and John D Salt in ARK