Old July 2nd 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

Default Is Drillium Cool Again?

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:11:30 -0400, Still Just Me...
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:42:42 -0700 (PDT), Drillium Dude
wrote:

I appreciate you clearing that up for me. First time on this forum,
which in itself is really no excuse. My problem is probably that I'm
too literal; add the fact that I know next to nothing regarding the
people on this forum that obviously know one another and can pick up
the subtleties of what they write and there you go.

Best of luck then. There are some real characters here.

I dropped in on this as the subject was near and dear to my heart. No
offence intended. Your nice comments on my work are very much
appreciated, and I as well can appreciate your stance on usefulness.
A pal of mine, one who got me on the road to producing more than just
enough drillium to equip my own bike, is the same way. I go either
way, either fulfilling a client's wishes or to push the envelope of
what is possible. Again, in the end, it's all about fun!

I'm not sure how you find the time, although I admit to contemplating
some of my own. It's getting near to impossible to find NOS drllium
chain rings from the 70's these days to replace my worn rings.

I'd expect they were all either ridden into nubs, folded under pressure or are
being treasured and loved on a sunny-day bike that will not be sold until future
generations forget.

Probably have to start with a new ring and either do it yourself or get someone
to drill it for you.

Just out of idle curiousity, what BCD do you need?