Old September 11th 03, 10:36 PM

Default a cage creature observation

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
writes:

I have noticed some of the same behaviors with my commuter bike vs.
my grocery shopping bike. I'll be riding the same roads right near
my house. Riding the same way, often at the same speeds (assuming
I don't have twenty pound sacks of rice in my baskets). Yet I get
a lot more honking, swearing, and bad behavior from motorists.

Practical cycling also exposes riders to poor-bashing.

That's my intuitive guess, anyway.

I've wondered if that might explain it. My shopping bike certainly
is nothing much to look at. And when I go shopping, I'm just in a
t-shirt and shorts. Usually not looking terribly natty.

Shopping by bike in Bellevue could be better. Bellevue isn't
terribly bicycle friendly (Verdamnt Superblocks) (Sorry Claire).

One of the reasons I just moved back to Seattle.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"The bullets are just his way of saying 'Keep it down, I've got a