Old April 3rd 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

Default Headset dead spot?

Williams wrote:
[Note: Normally I would search the archives to find previous messages, but
the Google Advanced Groups Search no longer works. Is there another tool
for that?]

It seems that my front wheel steering has a "dead spot" such that the front
wheel wants to point straight ahead (like there is a detent). Is a headset
adjustment called for?

This is a Chris King threaded headset on a road bike.

thanks,
Craig

probably the product of over-zealous fitting by the installer and
subsequent brinelling damage. c.k. headsets require a custom attachment
for the bearing press, and not everyone bothers to use one.