Old August 11th 20, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Road Funding

On 11:21 11 Aug 2020, JNugent said:
On 11/08/2020 01:38, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 10 August 2020 23:58:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2020 19:01, Mike Collins wrote:
On Monday, 10 August 2020 18:46:10 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2020 18:30, Mike Collins wrote:
We have heard a lot about Road Tax on this group and how cyclists
don't pay it even though Winston Churchill abolished the Road Fund
Licence in 1936

Has anyone ever actually said that cyclists don't pay Road Tax
(which has other names though that is the one in common use)?

After all, some cyclists might pay Road Tax in respect of motor
vehicles. But they don't pay it in respect of bikes, do they?

I propose we introduce a Road Fund based on the fourth power of
axle loading as that is the internationally accepted metric for
road damage,

This means if a typical 10kg pedal cycle commands £1 per year a
typical 1000kg car will command £10million per year.

Bring it up with your MP (when you're old enough to vote).

Hook, line, sinker, rod and copy of Angling Times.

Your parents shouldn't have let you get so close to the river's edge.
Especially at your tender age.

That makes no sense. Can you explain?

You aren't mature enough to be allowed out close to water.

It was so obvious it went over Mike Collins' head which is more used to
labyrinthine logic.