Old August 16th 20, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Road Funding

On 10:27 13 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

On 12/08/2020 18:48, Pamela wrote:
On 09:23 12 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 11/08/2020 11:56, Pamela wrote:
On 19:34 10 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

All roads not maintained by the Highways Agency (which
cyclists don't use) are maintained by council tax.

Non-highways are maintained by the local council but almost all
the funding for this comes from central government.

What are "Non-highways"?

Perhaps my phrasing was too concise for you,

Sloppy. All you had to do was copy and paste.

although Nugent inferred my meaning readily enough.

I have been taking lessons in pedantry from Nugent.

Are you honestly saying you couldn't work out what I was referring to, as
tersely as possible, when I wrote "non-Highways"?

The gov.uk report I referred to used long and windy terms which I wanted to
avoid.