Old August 27th 04, 07:29 AM
Werehatrack

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:06:10 +1000, heedcase
wrote:

I need to replace the chain on my 85 Fuji Del Rey. I would like to
purchase online so I can have more choices. I don't know the proper
size to select.
It has a Sugino crank with 52/42 chainrings and 6 speed freewheel. How
about a little help.

You can use any brand of chain that's rated for 6, 7 or 8 speeds.
There's nothing to be gained by going to a 9 speed chain, and they're
more expensive. I've had good results with SRAM and Shimano chains,
but I prefer the SRAM because in most cases, it's supplied with one of
their nifty connector links. The PC48 is economical and works well
for me.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.