Old June 29th 04, 11:07 PM
Daniel Crispin

Default Cycling for weight loss. Update

wrote in message
Daniel Crispin writes:

This sounds hard to me. If yo don't like bicycling and riding in the
mountains, the exercise becomes just that and wears on you. In the
long run, riding a bicycle because you love it is a durable hobby and
it allows you to eat well without counting calories.

Unfortunatelly I am an Urban rider. There is a lot of nice trails around
the island
of Montreal, but only 1 small hill in the middle of the town... I would say
a 500 feet climb or something
like it. Maybe I should do that once a week. Last time I did it I was
exausted at the top, it's a steep climb
that goes for maybe 3 miles... or something like that.

Anyways to loose weight you have to do both, only cycling would be too
slow... I calculated it and it
would take me 4 times as long.

I read a lot about those carbs. I decided to lower my intake of the
ones that spike insulin production. Will be hard since I am a pasta
and rice guy. Good thing is that I am not a potato guy, 95 on the
glycemic index is insane

Ohhh, it sounds so unpleasant. Maybe you don't have nice mountains,
forest and seascapes for your rides, but riding for the fun of it is
more lasting and takes the drudgery out of 'exercising'.

How about you guys that were doing the same?

I don't.

Jobst Brandt