Old July 1st 08, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

Default "UK minister backs call for more traffic police to protect cyclists"

"Steve" Personally I think this is great
news.

It will only be good news if this is reflected in the police spending
decisions.

Given that this government has reduced traffic police number to less than
50% of what they were, you have to assume this is just another politician
spouting bull****.

Steve

Please Lord, not yet another "strategy" announcement that has, in truth no
substance, intent or life beyond the announcement itself.

What an utterly corny way to conduct public life.

We really would be fools to imagine this would give us better protection as
cyclists or pedestrians.

John