Old June 18th 04, 05:28 AM
mojo deluxe

Default Tuning eggbeaters

"Charles Beristain" wrote in message
Anyone know the tricks to getting these pedals to release like SPD's, if
that's possible?

I have egg beaters on all my bikes... they release at least as
smoothly as spd's .. so can you explain a little more what the
specific problem is?

When I first got the egg beaters, I couldn't get out of them, so I
ground down the cleats... soon I was popping out of them.. put a new
pair of cleats on and they have been great ever since... So there is
some getting used to them and maybe even a little "break in"

With my Time pedals, I always break in new cleats before riding, by
engaging, and releasing about 20 or so times.