Old March 11th 05, 09:04 PM
Neil Cherry

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:10:15 -0500, jj wrote:

Uh, I don't know about it 'beating you to death'. Mine gives a pretty
smooth ride, using 26mm tires, though my model has a carbon fork.

I know what he's talking about. I went from a 1100 to my cheap Ti
bike. You can really feel the difference and before anyone goes nuts
with wheel and tire comob's. I use the old wheels and tires as they're
upgrades. I still use the bike from time to time so it's been upgraded
to an 8 speed. Next upgrade will be to 9. BTW, one thing I noticed
about the 1100 the bottom bracket is like spaghetti. I'm not a big guy
but I can twist it. The RX100 I have has better components and I can't
twist the BB and I've gotten stronger since I switched over to the Ti
bike.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)