Old May 18th 05, 01:15 AM

Get a Hydrapak, one of the models with three lobes on the part which
touches your back and keeps it off so air can flow. Love mine.

They seem to have disappeared from the stores but you can find them on
ebay.

Good luck,
Doug

Kovie wrote:
I'm shopping around for a new hydration pack, preferably a Camelbak,

that
I'm hoping to use for a variety of purposes. Specifically, in order

of
importance:

Long day hikes
Bike commuting
Long day rides
Regular commuting (i.e. car, bus, train, etc.)
Urban trekking on vacation

Right now I'm looking at the following Camelbak cycling packs:

HAWG
Ventoux
TransAlp

I'm also looking at these Camelbak hiking packs:

Rim Runner
Peak Bagger
CrossLite 2.5

What are the major differences between cycling and hiking packs? Is

it just
marketing, or are there design differences that make them better for

one
activity over the other?

Any recommendations, either in terms of specific packs, or things to

look
for?

Thanks,

Kovie