Old July 3rd 18, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Car ban during heat wave

wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 13:36:18 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 09:03:10 UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/07/18 00:01, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 6:40:55 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 30/06/18 18:53, Simon Jester wrote:

Cars typically put out 60 kw of heat. Even on the rare occasions
motorists stop at red lights they are still emitting 5 kw on
idle. Do we really need all this unnecessary heat?

60kW is on the high side. But that's just mechanical energy (which
eventually turns to heat). The total heat output from burning the
fuel is three times that.

All a cars energy comes from burning fuel and all energy becomes
heat.

Indeed. So values are 120kW (3x30, not 3x60) running and 15kW (3x5)
idling.

Police are now offering a free car ventilation service!
I am sure M'lud Nuglet would say that this is "criminal damage" in
Nugentworld.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hot-cars.html

As a cyclist, if a car driver endangers MY life, can I use a D lock
to smash HIS window?

Only a silly cyclist would ask that sort of silly question.