Old October 13th 03, 12:09 PM
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum

Default How Do We Combat Broken Glass? ( bike booms)

Xelax wrote:

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum wrote:
Currently I use tires reinforced by a 5 mm neoprene layer (made by
Schwalbe), they too work very nicely.

I think I've seen them in bike shops, but I thought it was the tubes
which were reinforced or self-healing.

Yep, you can by some sort of thick liquid in bike shops which is put
into the tube to make them self-healing. If a puncture occurs, the stuff
plugs the hole before too much air is lost.

I have not tried this, so I can not comment on the effectiveness
(Anybody been there, done that?). My guess would be that this works only
for small punctures, not for a big gash.