Old May 14th 15, 08:14 AM posted to aus.legal,aus.bicycle
Pelican

Default Talkback one eyed lunatics.

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 14 May 2015 16:09:38 +1000
Pelican wrote:
It's a democracy, so feel free to make your views heard. Write to the
Minister, and have your say. For what it's worth, I don't like your idea
of
a government scheme. I would much prefer a private scheme by the
insurance
industry, if possible, backed by law making it compulsory for bike
riders,
or bikes, to be registered in a way that makes it self-funding. The
simpler, the better.

Is car registration self-funding does anyone know?

An interesting question (as are the others you raise), but not relevant to
the topic, which is not nearly so complicated.

What about driver licencing? after all this is closer to that than it
is to rego.

At what age does a rider need to ahve a paid licence?

Should there be high penalties for hitting a licenced cyclist given
they would now have a "right to the road" many think they do not now
have?

Zebee